Oct 6, 2010

Life without embellisher...- Leben ohne Embellisher...

I am doing my first experiences without the embellisher. I thought I wouldn't need it but a friend sent me some wool and I immediately wanted to have it felted...

Ich mache meine ersten Erfahrungen ohne Embellisher. Ich dachte, ich würde ihn nicht brauchen, aber eine Freundin schickte mir Wollvlies und natürlich wollte ich gleich Filz haben... 


The background border was like the waves of the sea...

Der Rückenrand war wie die Meereswellen...


I will use it to cut out small pieces. Now I had to felt with the Clover tool over some crochet circles as a background for some faces that are going to play a role on the big piece I'm making.

I werde ihn benutzen, um kleine Stücke davon zu schneiden. Jezt mußte ich mit meinem Clover-werkzeug einige gehäkelte Kreise filzen, um einige Gesichte anzubringen, die eine Rolle auf meinem grossen Bild spielen.

I am using the most primitive tools to achieve my goals. I poured the boiling water for the felting through a sieve instead of spraying it with the bottle! For each work step I must think about a no techno solution! It's fun!

Ich verwende die meist primitive Werkzeuge für meine Ziele. I goß das Heißwasser zum Filzen durch einen Küchensieb anstatt der Wasserspritze zu verwenden, da ich in Alicante fast nichts zur Verfügung habe! Für jeden Arbeitsschritt muß ich mir eine nicht technische Lösung ausdenken! Es macht Spaß!

6 comments:

  1. That piece of felt has the most beautiful colours Sara. Your little faces are delightful and so charming. It is sometimes really nice to go back to old methods. It may take longer but can be more restful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, heather, they are very satisfying. time ought to reinforce quality of working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Sara!!!!
    a mi me encanta tambien divertirme haciendo fieltro, es tan versátil el material que da mucho gusto, me gusta mucho como va quedando tu trabajo, un besito desde Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. gracias, graciela, me encanta, como siempre, que me escribas de la argentina. el fieltro es algo que realmente puedes hacer sin más nada que tus manos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done! new technics for wet felting, good ideas! Looking forward for the next examples....kind regards, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you, like me, might become addicted to wet felting...its quicker and firmer than needlefelt and you can still add needlefelted bits.

    ReplyDelete