Mar 24, 2008

I'm going into a retreat... - Ich gehe in eine Klausur...




I just wanted to tell that I disappear for a week due to a writing retreat. I decided the only way to write my 2 books (German and English) and 10 articles for magazines was staying for a week at a place I know in Germany where nobody will interfere with this plan! At home, even in my studio, people will need something all the time, and even if I say "no" I'm interrupted in the flow... I hope it works!!

Now I'll pack my things, my notebook and all I need, and will see if my husband already has fixed the car because it had a real problem...

Till next week! :-)

Ich möchte nur sagen, daß ich jetzt für eine Woche verschwinde, da ich eine Schreibklausur beginne. Ich habe gemerkt, daß die einzige Möglichkeit 2 Bücher (English und Deutsch) und 10 Artikel für Illustrierten zu schreiben ist mich irgendwo einzusperren! Zu Hause - auch in meinem Studio - werde ich ununterbrochen unterbrochen und - auch wenn ich "nein" sage, genügt es um meinen Gedankenfluß versickern zu lassen... Ich hoffe, es funktioniert!!

Jetzt werde ich alle meine Sachen einpacken, meinen Laptop und alles Nötige, und werde schauen, ob mein Mann das Auto repariert hat, weil ich sonst ein großes Problem habe...

Bis nächste Woche! :-)

9 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time at the retreat. Sounds like heaven. I have a number of times done similar writing retreats. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really undesrstand you. sometimes it is absolutely necessary to go away and forget about the world (which is difficult if you have a family). i wish you an inspiring time .... (i hope a week will do ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara, I have just been nominated for an award by Gunnel as a blog that’ brings her inspiration and makes her appreciate the blogosphere’, and of course I have to do the same to 10 blogs that I enjoy! You meet the criteria so consider yourself well and truly nominated! If you have the time please do the same for 10 other inspiring sites.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAS!!!!hört sich so gut an!!!
    Ich wünsch dir eine wunderbare Zeit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!
    Sometimes it's just the only way to get things done(to retreat)
    I hope you have a lovely productive and peaceful time
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for a wonderful retreat! I know exactly how you feel about not being able to work with so many interruptions... Happy Writing and we look forward to your return!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the way to do it Sara. Enjoy yourself. I hope you get loads done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Viel Erfolg für Deine Klausur!
    Herzliche Grüße
    Jana
    P.s. Du hast mich wirklich angesteckt... Hab mir jetzt eine Embellisher zum Geburtstag gewünscht :)

    ReplyDelete