May 31, 2007

Creative Creatures

I started a new family of dolls (not so well behaved ones! :-)) because my fantasy needed a new challenge.

It was fun to make them because I love to play with faces and features.

I used linen and old lace, Czech buttons and vintage looking fabrics. This is my favorite combination of materials! I also stitched them by hand.

You can find them at Etsy






"Be yourself":








"Small":




"Joined at the Hip":






Here they are all playing "Cops and Thieves" :-)

8 comments:

  1. These are the most exciting dolls - and I have been looking at lots of dolls lately - please could I post a picture on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You surely can, feltbug, I'm happy you like them. Your opinion counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fantastic! I love the faces and how you stamped the text on the back. I hope there will be more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sara, i love the technique for the faces. like a ransom note but instead of letters, face features. i nice new added element to your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you mimi and jude, i like that with the ransom note!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very impressed with this doll series. excellent work!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also Ideen hast du, da kann man nur staunen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too adorable..... Love your creativeness...
    Tammie

    ReplyDelete